There is a new playtest version of OpenRA available right now. The biggest change in this Playtest release compared to the July release is the overhauled in-game interface, as well as other additions and improvements.
- The RA mod has received a brand new sidebar.
- A new end-game score screen appears once a game is complete.
- The in-game menu now shows an objectives panel in all mods (previously only available in the TD mod).
- New keyboard shortcuts have been added, and the default keys have changed to match Tiberium Wars and Red Alert 3.
The full Changelog lists many of the other improvements, bug fixes, and balance changes that are included in this playtest. A few notable improvements include:
- The lobby now prevents players from choosing colours that are too similar to each other or the terrain.
- Veteran units gain improved reload time and accuracy, and elite units will now heal over time.
- Planes will maintain their distance from each other in a similar fashion to helicopters.
- Several of the Tiberian Dawn campaign missions have been updated with mission objectives.
- A number of small balance changes to the Red Alert and Tiberian Dawn mods.
More details about this release can be found here.