Command & Conquer 3: Tiberium Wars has in-built mod support, and allows for their easy installation and launching.
To install a mod for Tiberium Wars, place its folder into the following directory:
- Windows XP: C:\Documents and Settings\[USER NAME]\My Documents\Command & Conquer 3 Tiberium Wars\Mods
- Windows Vista and newer: C:\Users\[USER NAME]\Documents\Command & Conquer 3 Tiberium Wars\Mods
If the “Mods” subfolder does not exist, create it manually.
To run a mod for Tiberium Wars, you can use one of two options.
- Option 1: Run the game with the -ui parameter (The Ultimate Collection requires Bibber’s fixed launchers to do this) to get to the Tiberium Wars Control Center, which is the same screen you get in the autorun in the retail DVD version. In it, choose the Game Browser menu, choose the mod you wish to play, and launch it.
- Option 2: Create a shortcut to CNC3.exe, enter its Properties and modify its Target value so that after the final quotation mark, you add the following: -modconfig “[FULL PATH TO MOD]\config.txt” Apply, then click OK. This shortcut will now run the mod by default.
- If you don’t know how to use parameters, please follow this link: http://www.ehow.com/how_7208987_add-line-parameter-windows-shortcut.html.