Brotherhood of Nod:
What is Command & Conquer 3: Tiberium Wars
Command & Conquer 3: Tiberium Wars is the long awaited sequel to Command & Conquer: Tiberian Sun. Taking place during the Third Tiberium War, the Brotherhood of Nod, now a superpower with a majority support of the world’s population, launches a major offensive against the Global Defense Initiative, crippling their forces. With Nod looking likely to win this time, GDI commanders rally their troops, trying to restore lost hope.
The story begins in 2047, and the world is in an even worse condition than in Tiberian Sun. The spread of Tiberium continues to the destroy the Earth, and the world has been divided into different zones. 20% of the Earth’s surface is Tiberium-infested and inhospitable “Red Zones”, 50% of the Earth is “Yellow Zones”, areas where Nod is present and where Tiberium hasn’t fully taken hold but is encroaching on the population, and the rest of the Earth is “Blue Zones”, where it is safe to live and where GDI is present. The GDI is still trying to prevent the spread of Tiberium and convert the Yellow Zones to Blue Zones.
In March, Nod fires a nuclear missle at GDI’s orbiting headquarters, the Philadelphia, destroying the fulcrum of GDI’s military power. Since the end of the Second Tiberium War, Nod has built up its military into superpower status, and is now supported by the majority of the world’s population through aid and propaganda. In no shape to handle the Nod offensives led by Black Hand shock troops around the globe, GDI commanders take charge, rallying their demoralized troops, hoping to win a third victory over Nod.
Featuring state-of-the-art, next-generation graphics, an epic story with live action, full-motion video sequences, and the classic fast-paced C&C style of play, C&C 3 sets the standard for the single player RTS experience.
When you decide to test your skills online, a suite of truly innovative features, such as the ability to transform online battles into a spectator sport, unfold.
Welcome back, Commander.
- Fast, Fluid, Fun – The ultra-responsive, smooth-as-silk gameplay C&C invented is now better than ever, intuitively placing your entire arsenal at your fingertips.
- Over 30 Single Player Missions – In a vast open-world ‘theatre of war’ where each decision you make matters, you’ll experience one cohesive, epic story told from the unique perspective of all three warring factions.
- RTS as a Sport – Observe, broadcast, and compete in thrilling online battles with innovations including all-new interactive spectator modes, VoIP communication, player commentary, and more.
- Story Like You’ve Never Seen – High-definition, live action video sequences that seamlessly tie the game’s epic story together featuring an unparalleled, diverse cast.
- Adaptive AI – The game AI matches your style of play – choose from distinct AI playing styles such as ‘rushing’, ‘turtling’, and more, or level the battlefield and let the AI use its own tactics to give you the highest level of challenge.
- New Ways to Attack – Keep your opponent guessing by building flying battleships, wielding the power of terrifying Ion Storms, and combining units to form powerful never-before-seen super-units.
- Technology Makes the World Come Alive – Lose yourself in reflected sunlight and scream in sheer joy as you blow chunks off of enemy tanks, structures, and anything else you can launch a rocket at. The game world gains a new dimension and the battlefield comes to life as the atmosphere fills with smoke, fire, haze, tracers, explosions, and state-of-the-art weather effects.
- Intuitive and Evolved Interface – Fully evolved side-bar interface that allows you to fully manage your base operations while never leaving the action.
- Battle the Best Online – With multiple online game modes, all-new multiplayer maps, and a fully featured content editor, go online to see how you stack up in RTS’ ultimate forum.
Find out more?
You can look at it all by browsing the menu to the left.